1.07.2013

Called To Love









     I recall from my childhood, that my favorite place to be was in my grandparent's arms.
Honestly, it still is. It's the best feeling in the world. To know that you are cared for, and loved deeply and to just be with that person who shows you that constant favor is like no other. It's called love… and everyone is called to love in their unique way. Love cannot be beaten, broken down, or defeated. It always always shows itself in the darkest places, and it's usually something very small that opens the eyes of many.

     Millions upon millions of people are out there who believe that they are not worth love, that they are not worth this beautiful life. Unknown to them though, it's not true. I believe that EVERYONE no matter how small, how wide, how tall, how big, is worthy. There are so many unique situations that have made people feel unwanted, and things of that sort. And at times, everyone feels like that. It's never all sunshine,smiles, and s'mores.

     That's why I have recently discovered that ,as of right now, I am being called to just love others. Instead of killing myself over wether God is calling me to the marriage or religious life, I've taken the hint that I should just focus on loving.To truly love them and sincerely love them. When I say "others", I mean everyone. It doesn't matter who you are and what you've done - I strive to look at others with love, compassion, and friendship. I want to let them know that I won't judge, it's not my place - or anyone else's. I just want to simply be and do everything Christ is calling me to do. Maybe, hopefully, through my actions people will then see that if a human being contains and shows this love then there has to be something more.. Maybe that is then the start for that person to find the source of the ultimate love. And if it had to be because Jesus called me to die to myself so that He may give me His eyes, His hands, His heart - then so be it. I can't see myself living for anything/anyone other than Jesus and others. But I could never desire it, never do it without the Source of love. Love reveals many,wondrous things - in general, and a better understanding of who you are as a person and what you are made for.

     Jesus calls everyone to treat others how you, yourself would want to be treated. He also calls us to love even the least of these. Including unborn babies. And something that has been taking a toll on my heart this past year is to love those mothers/fathers who have gotten an abortion, or a couple who is thinking about getting one. They just need to know that someone actually does care for them and their baby. That someone will actually be with them through the process instead of encouraging them to take the fastest, most destructive route by "getting rid of the problem". Because most of the time the mothers don't even know the outcomes that can come from having an abortion. But that's a blog for another day.. This post is getting pretty lengthy, and I still have unspoken things to put on here! Stay with me guys.

     When on the topic of judgement, I get pretty heated. I feel like judgement is something everyone grew up with and it taught us that if you judge someone then you're making yourself feel better, therefor heightening your self esteem. So why not treat yourself once in a while? Well that's the problem, we judge others so that we may benefit from it but we fail to see that the person you're judging may not want to be your little dose of self esteem. No doubt about it, everyone has gotten judged and has judged others, but that doesn't mean that you have to keep on judging others just because they may judge you. Plus, I like to see it as it's none of their business anyway - So they can think what they want, say what they want about me but only I know what my intentions are. And if my attentions are in the right place, I will love those who wrongly judge me and just hand them over to Jesus.

     No matter who you are and what you are called to do with your life, you are called to love.Like if I become a religious sister, I'm being called to love - If I become a wife and mother, I'm being called to love. Also, at the workplace, school, and in public I'm called to love. But it's not just me, EVERYONE (I don't know how many times I put this out there), but every single one of you are called to love and care for others, as with loving yourself also. 



I wrote this a while back and it seems appropriate to share:

"If love was merely just a word, then I might find myself using it as often as you do. But love is not just a word. Love was not created to be a word, but a sincere, true action of one's own heart. For love is eternal. Love can't cease to be, but only increase in ways bigger than who we are thought to be."





A Prayer For A Sinner's Heart
"Lord Jesus, grant that I may see in you the fulfillment of all my need, and may turn from every false satisfaction to feed on you, the true and living bread.
Enable me to lay aside the sin that clings so closely , and run with perseverance the race set before me, looking to you, the pioneer and perfecter of my faith."
+JMJ+



 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another."
John 15:9-17


Post a Comment