1.01.2013

Merry New Year

     First, may I just say, happy feast day of our Mother Mary and happy New Year! I still can't believe 2012 is over with. So bittersweet. Although, I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me this year! One of my new year's resolutions is to pray the Rosary daily. It may sound simple, but to me it's extremely hard. I've tried multiple times but it always gets away from me. I'm trying to exercise my faith more, as well as my body. Still trying to motivate myself on the body part.
     As some of you know, January 1st is a Holy Day of Obligation and I started 2013 off great by sleeping in and missing Mass today *sarcasm is intended*. I missed all the local Masses and had this great idea that my parents would take me to Baton Rouge to go to Mass there (which was a failed attempt). So I was stuck at home with nothing left but my laptop and my TV to provide Mass for me. Thank God for technology because I found a website that has daily Mass and I got so excited. After the Gospel Reading, as usual, the Priest went on to say his homily. Well after 30 seconds of listening I finally comprehended that I couldn't understand one word this Priest was saying. Great... I continued on with my life and started doing my clothes and I got the urge to turn on the TV. I did so, and the channel happened to be on EWTN, and guess what was on?! - Mass. Also, the Priest just started his homily, and in english. So in the long run it all worked out.
     2012 was a heck of a year for me. It would be accurate to say that it was the most memorable year yet. I could sum up the events of 2012 and say that I got closer to God and grew more in my faith. There was definitely ups and downs in 2012, but I have to say that the hardships I went through TAUGHT me about my faith, which then drew me closer to Christ. I realized that in my hardships I desired the peace of Christ and that the only way to attain true happiness is through Him. Of course there was spiritual droughts, which exhausted me, but I knew that Christ wouldn't put this upon me if He knew I couldn't handle it and that it was for a reason. -- Just to draw me closer to Him-- Now looking back upon it I smile because then I realize that He has it under control and that I should just trust in Him and put my faith in Him only. He knows what He's doing. Just like the situation that happened to me today it may seem crazy and chaotic at the moment but it will all work out. You are under God's hands.











  































I pray that in this upcoming year You may be everything to those who allow you to simply be in their lives. I pray that most everyone will see You as faithful and loving as they look to the past, present, and future. +JMJ+


"The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"
 - Lamentations 3:22-24
Post a Comment