A lot of people are so misunderstood about Catholicism and just religion in general. They misunderstand that our religion does not take the place of God in any way or circumstance. It is not our God. Religion is the relationship we have with God, to have that relationship - to have that religion- is very important. If we don't have that relationship with Christ how do we become what we are suppose to be as humans? Do we just wait and wander around aimlessly or do we make an effort to love God and live for Him through His love for us by obedience and submissiveness to His will?
To maintain this friendship with Christ:
- Talk to Him through prayer (however it is you like to pray - Chapel, candles, letters, just simple conversation, on your knees, All of the above..)
- Learn more about Him and His wonders in the Bible
- Recognize that you are in His presence and maintain silence and peace within that fact
- Let Him love you
- Seriously, attend church and attend it mentally, spiritually, and physically
- Open your heart to whatever Christ is telling or calling you to do
- Ask for the intercession from Mary and all the other great saints in heaven
"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein
God bless you always.
Dear Lord, help me to always strive for You and give me the strength not to go astray, but desire to run only into Your loving arms.
"Now the just shall live by faith:
but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him."